Is this anything to do with this project?

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 29, 2006 at 2:44 PM
http://blogs.msdn.com/tomholl/archive/2006/11/27/validation-application-block-revealed.aspx
Nov 29, 2006 at 9:59 PM
nope. No relation. Just a coincidence that MS released the validation application block a few weeks after I started this project.
Jan 31, 2007 at 11:03 AM
I think that the enterprise library validation application block leaves much to be desired.
One of the biggest flaws is that all it's validation methods use generics to take the type to validate. That makes them useless in a reflection environment where at runtime an object graph is covered for validation.
Also it carries along a considerable amount of code supporting features unlikely to be used, therefore adding unnecessary overhead.
Jan 31, 2007 at 12:26 PM
Two questions
1. Have you had any problems with reflection on some of the validation rules in this framework. For example are there occasions that RequiredStructRule<T>, which takes a type parameter, has issues with reflection.
2. What are some of the features that the entlib validation block has that you would consider unnecessary? The reason I ask is that some of the features, like the AND/OR composite validators, I am considering implementing. However I am, as much as possible, trying to keep this lightweight and fairly simple, so knowledge of features hat people consider erroneous is useful.