The type or namespace name 'PropertyDescriptor' does not exist in the namespace 'ValidationFramework.Reflection'

Apr 8, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I download the svn codes and compile the SplitSpike folder codes.

Error 491 The type or namespace name 'PropertyDescriptor' does not exist in the namespace 'ValidationFramework.Reflection' (are you missing an assembly reference?) 

D:\projects\ValidationFramework\src\SplitSpike\ValidationFramework.Web.ASP\PropertyValidatorGenerator.cs 7 57 ValidationFramework.Web.ASP

There is no ‘PropertyDescriptor’ class in SplitSpike  ValidationFramework project?

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Correct. The split spike currently does not have the concept of PropertyDescriptors. The rules are being stored by another, simpler mechanism. The branch is still in development so that may change but your not seeing anything strange. The branch and the previous release are similar but not compatible right now.
Apr 8, 2009 at 5:46 PM
From the sounds of things, there is still a bit of work to be done. Is the core project itself relatively stable functionality-wise with the changes you wanted to make, such that they need to propogate out to the related projects (ASP, WCF, WPF, etc.)? Or are there still archtitectural changes in the pipe for the next release? Thanks!
Apr 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM
I think the feature set is pretty complete. I'd like to have more unit tests before I call it 'stable' though. The architecture of the fluent configuration interface might change a bit - as its a little strange for end users to extend. I went back and reread my response - I was wrong to say 'that may change'.

PropertyDescriptors, as they were anyway, are no longer around. While I don't have the code infront of me right now - the descriptors were removed because they were doing to much. Now the concepts of rule attachment, reflection caching, and attribute reading are seperated.

As the split branch isn't yet proven to be stable (lacking some unit tests) I'm not completely comfortable saying there will be no more architectual changes. But if there are they should be minor. I'm currently using the splitbranch (in a limited way) for a small project of mine and its use and extensibility pts are working out well for the most part.

Really the biggest issue is time atm. brandtlecercg, touches on a good pt though. I need to get this to a release soon. I'm going to see what work I can get done on this over the weekend and post an update here on the board.